Spectrum Analyzer, QAM Analyzer, Sweep System, DOCSIS 3.0 Network Analyzer, SLM and PC Emulator
Sunrise Telecom’s new Spectrum Analyzer, CaLan® compatible CM3800 Sweep System and DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Network Analyzer is the latest addition to our service and plant verification testing and troubleshooting solutions. CM3x series offers Plant maintenance personnel a comprehensive tool to perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot the distribution network from the headend to the home to ensure the highest levels of quality and get the job done right the first time. Tools include a premium portable spectrum analyzer, Digital Video QAM Analyzer, DOCSIS 3.0 network analyzer, Advanced SLM and PC emulation.
One-button Proof-of-Performance CCN, CSO, CTB measurements option & HUM testing simplifies the network testing and troubleshooting process. The WinCE Operating System helps protect your investment, provides future flexibility and allows the addition of many PC like functions, providing a one instrument solution.
New fast spectrum mode allow the user to view short duration ingress, impulse noise, electrical interference, CPD and other impairments on a single screen – even under upstream QAM signals.
- New Fast spectrum captures ingress, impulse noise & electrical interference
- New I-QAM Option Identifies Impairments In a QAM Signal
- New Gated CCN, CSO, CTB Tests On Active Channels
- New HUM Measurement On Active Channels
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem With Up To 8 DS And 4 US Bonded Channels.
- High Resolution True Non-Interfering 5 To 1100 MHz Downstream Sweep System With Manual & Automatic Gain & Slope Offsets
- Future Proof Flexible and Upgradeable DSP Software Defined Receiver Technology.
- Fast 5 To 200 MHz Upstream Sweep, Plus Ingress Detection And Display
- WiFi 802.11g Wireless USB Adapter Option
- Net-Tools: Ping, Trace, Throughput And IP Details Via WiFi, Ethernet And Cable Modem
- User Programmable Automated 24 Hour Testing Option
- Additional Applications For Live Search, Telnet, SNMP, FTP, Remote Desktop Plus Options For WiFi, Signature Capture And More
- Provides cable TV technicians with a next-generation plant maintenance tool with Sweep & Spectrum Analysis
- Easy-to-use WinCE system minimizes training and maximizes testing accuracy and consistency
- Compatible with existing CaLan sweep installations – works side by side with legacy deployments
- Open architecture design provides support for a variety of devices and future applications
- Use WiFi option, Ethernet or cable modem to access back office systems and manage test results
- Interfaces to the web-based realGATE™ Test Management system, providing a full array of management tools for tracking assets, analyzing test data and implementing workforce management
- Simplifies Proof-of-Performance testing
CM3800 series provides a unique user experience with a high resolution full color VGA touch screen and a Windows CE bases operating system. This means more display resolution when viewing spectrum and sweep displays, less learning curve with simple pull down menus and a PC like experience, which includes many basic PC tools, like SNMP, Telnet, FTP, Internet Explorer Browser, Remote Desktop, a WiFi scanner option and much more.
One button Proof-of-Performance gated CCN, CSO & CTB measurements on active channels with sufficient measurement range to track performance issues all the way back to the node including measurements at typical test point levels without additional pre-amps or filters. In addition to the measurements a spectral display of the impairments is provided.
HUM measurements at the line, two times the line frequency and a composite < 1 kHz HUM on active analog channels with input levels as low as -20 dBmV allows measurements at both input and output test points..
Spectrum Span settings from 1 to 1,000 MHz allow flexibility in testing, from a quick view of the entire spectrum for basic troubleshooting to viewing the upstream path out to 200 MHz to see the entire load on upstream lasers to viewing single channels.
Resolution bandwidths of 30, 100, 300 and 1,000 kHz provide great testing flexibility in measuring and identifying all types of signals..
Three individually configurable markers for peak or average power level measurements on the live, peak hold or minimum hold traces provides quick and flexible measurements of noise, analog and digital signals and distortion.
A noise floor near -50 dBmV and versatile span settings allow the Upstream Spectrum analyzer to detect and identify upstream impairments like impulse noise, electrical interference, CPD, 2nd & 3 rd order, dirty optical connectors and noise.
The downstream Sweep option display includes both the sweep frequency response and the levels of the pilot carriers to help the tech ensure that the frequency response and the output levels are correct.
An automatic compensation for the specified differences in level and tilt between different plant actives allows the sweep tech to compare sweep signatures from the headend test point out through the network at any test location.
Any Sweep test result can be used as a sweep reference to characterize any test point in the system and make a comparison frequency response and gain measurement. This provides flexibility without limitations of reference files. A tech can keep or download a sweep result for that specific location and see the difference from the last time that location was swept..
Site Files are provided as a database to keep network information. Techs can reference a Site File to see information like the GPS coordinates, the previous pad and equalizer values used, and much more. Records are customizable so that any data that the operator wants to keep, may be added to the record.
- Advanced Gated measurements allow characterization & troubleshooting closer to the source
- New i-QAM optional signal analysis identifies & qualifies impairments
- 64 QAM upstream generator/return pilot generator
- realVIEW™ client provides Remote US spectrum view from realWORX system
- CAD Viewer displays DWG and DXF strand maps and has Save and Red-line capability
- AT2500 Remote and Measurement Control software
- WiFi USB Interface
Also see the CM3000 for the basic Spectrum DOCSIS Analyzer that can be optioned from basic spectrum and DOCSIS capabilities up to all the features of the CM3800.