Home > Products > RxT
Smart Productivity Test Platform... Go beyond testing!
RxT® is a trend-changing test platform addressing the challenges of communication service providers to increase efficiency and productivity while lowering operational and capital expenditures.
With extreme modularity and an open platform concept, it defines the test set of the future. RxT's capability to combine multiple technologies into a rugged modular platform increases the productivity of technicians who are responsible for the installation, verification, and maintenance of today's complex services that require multiple technologies.
RxT's intuitive user interface boosts productivity by helping technicians and field engineers to make their job easier, accelerating the learning curve, and reducing training requirements. Its open platform architecture offers full use of productivity tools, enabling access to better communication, tutorials, guides, and job aids.
RxT also integrates with Sunrise Telecom's realGATE system, a comprehensive web-based tool for asset management, test result management and workflow optimization.
RxT represents the next-generation in integrated toolkits for field technicians, combining advanced multi-service testing capabilities, built-in and web-based workflow efficiency and productivity applications in a single high-performance compact format.
Testing is one important part of the daily tasks and RxT leads your workforce to go beyond testing and into getting the whole job done.
RxT® for Mobile Backhaul Network Assurance See Press Release
Mobile service providers deploying the latest technology to supply an increasing amount of complex offerings have high expectations for the backhaul connections supporting their services.
Yet developing backhaul links for these emerging services such as mobile broadband video and Web access remains a challenge as network operators transition from legacy backhaul circuits to advanced, Ethernet-supported capabilities. As backhaul makes the switch from old to new technology, it is essential they enlist a unified service verification strategy, enabling an optimal user experience regardless of the backhaul platform.
As mobile operators manage their evolution from TDM/SONET SDH to Ethernet for backhaul, they need flexible test and measurement technology covering both legacy and new infrastructure.
Field technicians and engineers now must troubleshoot a variety of backhaul connections, including Ethernet-supported backhaul, second-and-third generation T1 links and hybrid T1-over-Ethernet circuits. And while mobile companies increasingly are using Carrier Ethernet capabilities to support the backhaul needs of advanced mobile services, these connections account for only a fraction of the backhaul links in use today.
- Physical Layer verification
RxT modules allow technicians to quickly verify proper operation of backhaul networks physical layer (E1, SDH/SONET). Parameters like optical power and frequency can determine if the circuit has been correctly setup and that there are no major issues with the media.
Maintaining high quality synchronization in the wireless base station ensures smooth call hand offs, reducing the number of dropped calls. For E1/T1 circuits, proper synchronization can be verified by using a RxT test set that can accept a reference signal and measure frequency of the received signal. Frequency deviation measurement or clock slips detection will determine if the signal being analyzed is locked to the reference timing.
Traditional TDM method to determine performance of the circuit and ensure error free transmission. RxT modules can perform Bit Error rate tests at any rate from DS1/E1 to 2.5G SDH/SONET.
- Pointer Monitoring/S1 SSM decoding
RxT2380 SDH/SONET modules offers comprehensive pointer monitoring capabilities and S1 bytes decoding to monitor the performance of the synchronization network.
Monitoring the performance of TDM circuits of the backhaul network helps the technicians quickly identify degradation of the performance before a major on-site repair/upgrade is needed. Rxt2270 and RxT2380 modules can be used to monitor TDM circuits, its physical layer performance through optical power and frequency measurements, and detect errors/alarms.
- When encountering problems during the installation Phase, RXT modules provide the user with comprehensive tools to help expedite the repair and complete the circuit turn up. Advanced features like jitter/wander measurements on E1 circuits or timing sources, Pulse Mask Analysis, APS capture, Tributary Scan, Pointer Test Sequences and others allow the field installation team to identify major issues with physical layer or the network protocol.
IP Based Networks
- Physical Layer verification
RxT modules allow technicians to quickly verify proper operation of backhaul networks physical layer (copper or fiber). Dual ended test or end to loopback test will help the user verify quickly if the link is active and the data can be properly transmitted from near to far end.
- Y.1564 (IntelliSAM)
The preferred methodology for Carrier Ethernet Service Activation Testing. Verifies the performance of multiple services simultaneously and tests the committed rate to Service Level Agreement. Reduces testing time compared to existing RFC2544 test procedure.
- Monitoring circuits in path through mode or connecting the test set to a mirror port can help the user identify network degradation issues quickly before they become permanent and impact the end user.
- Modern and open test platform, with a broad range of available test modules
- Advanced Modularity
- QuickSwap ultra-modularity with hot-swappable capability
- Flexible Test Module design eliminates physical limitations and accommodates different module sizes allowing future growth of RxT Platform into more complex technologies and high-end applications
- Reduces time to switch technologies, identify and correct problems, eliminates repeat service visits, eliminates need to carry multiple test sets
- Protects existing test and measurement investment and enables smooth upgrade path
- No tools required
- Brings forward compatibility to existing MTT Test Modules
- Assures easy transition and protects previous investment (requires RxT Carrier Module)
- Durable and field upgradeable platform
- One compact, light weight, and rugged forward-looking design
- Ultra-smart application-oriented GUI for self-guided operation
- Application-Guided Testing: Graphically walks technician through setup and results interpretation. Save time, increase testing quality and technician productivity. Guides technician through the installation process
- GUI familiarity across different test modules and context sensitive help system reduces the learning curve
- Expert tools to enable on-the-job training to help field service crews perform their work efficiently. Multi-Media Help enables the technician to download and view training videos, review I&M procedures, and access websites, increasing testing quality, consistency and technician productivity
- Advanced configuration management system (test profiles)
- realGATE integration for workflow optimization and asset management
- Increase workforce productivity, testing quality, reduce time to correct problems, help field service crews get it right the first time, ensure every turn up is done to the same specifications, eliminate repeat service visits, and provide access to historical information
- Asset Management: Track and configure devices, and upgrade software remotely
- Electronic collection of performance, safety, quality, and productivity documentation in the field
- Results Management: Send and receive test results whenever connected to the network, get latest profiles with pass/Fail test templates
- View test results and create detailed reports by region, area, system, and technician
- Enables all jobs to be completed correctly the first time
- Smartbook functionality and productivity tools eliminate the need to carry separate laptop
- Its next-generation platform and open system architecture enables secure access to productivity tools required to complete field service jobs by Integrating multiple test solutions, productivity tools, connectivity, and back office systems into one test platform
- Concurrent multi-tasking with fast application switching; allows users to be productive while running long tests cycles. No need to stop any test to access productivity tools or connect to back office systems
- Seamless Connectivity: Wired and wireless access options eliminate field isolation by unlocking the power of modern test platforms, enabling new applications, making the tools more useful. RxT goes beyond testing
- One handheld device serves multiple functions, reducing equipment, complexity, and simplify asset management
- Fast boot up time
- realACCESS provides easy access to a remote RxT unit from any web-enabled portable device, including smart phones
- Much more than simple remote screen capture and cursor mapping. Remote users have real access to local report generation, file transfer, and dedicated view, among other productivity enhancements
- Access, view, and control test platforms from any computing device
- Ability for subject matter experts or experience personnel to remotely view, test, analyze and resolve field technician's roadblocks using any PC, notebook, or mobile devices. No preinstalled software or specific OS required
- No remote client installation required. No need to download or install thick clients on to PCs; managers, experts, and experienced personnel can help their field crews without driving to the site
Productivity Applications – Beyond Testing
Access the full productivity potential of RxT and save time by eliminating the need to carry or start a separate PC, to accomplish these common tasks required by field technicians to complete their job. After all, testing is just one important part of our customers’ daily job!
Firefox® is an industry-standard web browser that adds to RxT’s productivity goals by allowing users access to their web-based back-office applications and network elements’ configuration pages, among other important tasks.
* Firefox and its official logo are registered trademarks of the Mozilla Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation.
e-Mail & iCalendar
Evolution Groupware Suite is a Personal Information Manager (PIM) and Workgroup Information Management tool. This productivity booster combines e-mail, calendar, address book, and task list management functions. They are all available to RxT users, reducing the need to carry or boot-up a separate PC, or manually move files around.
- RxT users can easily share test results, test profiles, reports, and other files with others, without having to move files around between USB drives and PCs.
- No viruses or worms, junk filtering, advanced email searching, web calendars, user-defined filters, multiple accounts, customized reminders, multiple calendar views, iCalendar support, To-Do list, vCard sharing, security and encryption.
* Evolution is sponsored and developed by Novell & GNOME
gedit is a small and lightweight general purpose text editor, emphasizing simplicity and ease of use, with a clean, simple graphical user interface. It includes tools for editing structured text such as markup languages. It allows RxT users to compose and edit reports and other documents in the field, hence increasing productivity.
PDF Generation & Viewer
RxT’s test applications can generate reports directly in PDF portable format.
The Evince Document Viewer adds capabilities to open PDF, PostScript, multi-page TIFF, and other common image files.
- Open encrypted PDF documents.
- Supports index and thumbnails navigation.
- Its integrated search highlights the results on each page and displays the number of results found.
Page thumbnails show quick reference for where you'd like to go in a document.
KMPlayer offers multi-media playback capabilities, supporting a wide variety of media formats, to help with on-the-go learning of new technologies, features, and procedures.
RxT offers basic, advanced, scientific, and financial calculator functions at your fingertips with gcalctool.
- Supports decimal, binary, hexadecimal and octal modes, with ASCII entry and bit editor.
Test Support Applications
Sunrise Telecom’s native remote web access option allow users to drive all RXT’s testing capabilities from a remote location using any web-enabled portable device, with industry-standard web browser; including PCs, tablets, and smart phones (requires RXT1000SW-REM.)
- More than simple remote control, RxT’s remote users have real access to local report (CSV, PDF), report generation, file transfer, and protocol capture, among other productivity enhancements. They can also be saved, emailed, or printed from the local PC, tablet, or smart phone.
- Ability for subject matter experts or experienced personnel to remotely view, test, analyze, and resolve field technician’s roadblocks at a moment’s notice. No preinstalled software or specific OS required.
- Ideal for remote sites and unattended points of presence (PoP). No remote client installation required or third-party server to start; realACCESS is always on.
- Managers, experts, and experienced personnel can provide help their field crews without driving to the site.
- Remote users can initiate software upgrades, reboot the RxT, and regain control without any local assistance.
Integrated realGATE™ Client
Using Sunrise Telecom’s built-in realGATE client, a field technician can download and share test profiles for a given service configuration, upload test results, view and compare previous test results, and associate tests to a subscribers’ work order. This helps streamline work order processes, maximize test consistency, and increased productivity (requires realGATE license.)
- Increases productivity at every level by simplifying the management and tracking of valuable assets.
- Upload/download test results to/from a secure central server; gives users the ability to access their own data from any RxT, PC, or tablet.
- Central control of test profiles, test results, and related work order/ticket number information.
- Reduces management time requirements for work completion & quality verification.
- Reduces capital equipment costs by tracking test equipment to ensure assets are fully utilized, up-to-date, and calibrated (if required.)
- Reduces repeat truck rolls by reinforcing “do it right the first time.”
- Pre-installed free copy of Wireshark network protocol analyzer is included to support RxT’s Packet Capture and Decoding option (RXT5000SW-PCAP.)
- Direct launch from RxT 10GE Carrier Ethernet Test Application’s test records.
- Hardware-based wire-speed packet capture up to 10 Gbps offered by RxT 10GE Test Module.
- RxT 10GE offers programmable capture filters for efficient problem isolation, diagnostics, and troubleshooting.
- Off-line deep protocol decoding, powerful filtering, and service troubleshooting.
- No need to transfer files or use separate PC for analysis.
- Saves capture file in industry-standard libpcap file format.
- Exports capture files to leading protocol analyzer formats, as well as TXT, CSV, XML, and PostScript.
- Remote users can save capture files to their local (PC) hard drives by using realACCESS™, for sharing, extra analysis, and report generation.
* Wireshark and the “fin” logo are registered trademarks of the Wireshark Foundation
Wireless Network Scan
Seamlessly integrated to RxT’s Wireless Network Setup, the Wireless Scan function presents a complete picture of the surrounding Wi-Fi landscape. This allows users to verify proper wireless network configurations, coverage, identify crowded channels, and other potential problems.
| - ||All trademarks, product names, and brands listed in this page are property of their respective owners and/or authors.
| - ||Unless otherwise noted, third-party applications included with the RxT Platform are offered free of charge and under the terms of their original GNU General Public License.
| - ||The choice and support of individual third-party applications may change at any time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of Sunrise Telecom Inc.
| - ||Supplementary third-party applications are offered in a limited support basis. Support is offered through their respective built-in help systems and web sites.