Now with optional DPSK line coding
43G OTN and SDH/SONET Testing
The versatile and powerful STT 40G takes Sunrise Telecom’s Scalable Test Toolkit (STT®) platform to a new level; as a test and measurement solution for high speed transport networks such as 43G OTN (OTU3) and 40G SDH/SONET (STM-256/OC-768). With payload structure down to VC12, VC11, VT1.5, and VT2, it offers service providers a complete test solution for today’s and tomorrow’s Metro, Core, and DWDM transport networks. In addition to it, STT 40G now offers 43G DPSK modulation with tunable transmitter for OTN Network Element client and line side field verification. Its small size and weight in stand alone mode makes the STT 40G the smallest and lightest test set in the world.
This commanding set of features is available in a single, compact, easy to use, and cost effective unit. The STT 40G can be used independently or combined with other test modules to enhance its application, taking advantage of its bidirectional 10.7/10G drop and insert port. Like other STT modules the STT 40G offers the revolutionary and cost-effective stand-alone mode in remote or local environments, allowing test modules to operate at 100% of their capabilities and features, even when removed from the STT platform.
Offering both in-service and out-of-service configurations, the STT 40G covers installation, commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting applications. Among other advanced features, it supports a comprehensive set of test modes including point-to-point, through modes, mux-test, and mux-emulation. Its complete error insertion and alarm generation selection can be used to verify network performance monitoring systems.
The user-interface has been designed specifically for carrier, NEMs, and lab applications, maintaining the familiar look and feel of other STT products to reduce the learning curve and operational expenses. Auto configuration takes the guesswork out of configuring the instrument to the circuit being tested. Yet, experienced users will appreciate advanced features like overhead monitoring and control, APS timing measurement, pointer test sequences, and propagation delay measurement.
All measurements conform to industry standards, and circuit impairments are displayed on a correlated graphical view, giving operators insight into the possible causes of circuit impairments. By combining the STT 40G functionality with existing STT ONE’s, it offers a cost effective solution for testing all transport networks from 1.5 or 2 Mbit/s up to 40/43 Gbit/s, eliminating the need for multiple platforms.
- OTN, SDH, SONET in one instrument
- Optional DPSK modulation for OTN NE line side verification in the field
- 10/10.7G auxiliary port to interconnect STT 40G module with other 10G systems
- Fully independent or can be combined with other test modules to enhance application
- Internal SDH/SONET mapping down to VC12, VC11, V T1.5, V T2
- Complete performance tests and analysis for point to point links and DWDM networks
- Comprehensive SDH/SONET/OTN overhead control and decode
- Stand-alone operation (no platform required) increases portability and flexibility
- Complies to ITU-T, Telcordia, and ANSI standards
- Intuitive user-friendly, yet powerful, Graphical User Interface
STT 40G allows the user to perform testing on high-speed transport networks.